What I've been up to lately...

Firstly, I want to mention that I'm being featured by The Speckled Pear! She features ten Etsy shops at the bottom of her blog every month, and I'm so thankful to her for adding me! Head on over and check out the other stores she has featured, too, they've got some fantastic stuff! She has her own Etsy shop, too, where she sells shop banners and avatar sets. She has some really adorable designs, so if you're looking to give your shop a little extra pizzazz, you might want to check her out!

TheSpeckledPear.etsy.com

In other news... I've been on a bit of a mini-vacation the past few days, and I'll write about that in my writer's blog in a little bit, but lookee at what was waiting for me when I got home:


This lovely lovely stuff is from WCMercantile on Etsy. More precisely, it's the Deep Sea Merino/Tencel mix. And if I had any excuse at the moment, I'd probably be spinning it up already. It is so soft and shiny! It feels like butter. But I think I'll wait to spin it until I'm done with my "practice" fibers—though to be honest, I almost am. :)

Here's a bit I spun up a while ago, but hadn't gotten around to taking a picture of:


Love the subtle greens and pinks here. This is just about forty yarns of super bulky yarn. I'm thinking perhaps it will become a cozy for my mp3 player?

And maybe this for my camera? (Since I got a new one for my birthday! One that actually can manage macro pictures. Woohoo! Thank you, brothers of mine.)


This green was made up on a longer version of my Bic-pen drop spindle. Really all I did here was also take out the stopper at the bottom of the pen and stick a smooth, size-fitting chopstick in the bottom. I'm delighted with the result!


See? Here it is with my other spindle, and a little bit of what I had spinning on there, icy blues and lavenders that unfortunately didn't photo very well. I'll take another picture once I've got it in a hank. Anyhow, that's what I've been up to, spinning wise.

Also, some shop news: I have a few listings ready to go up on Etsy, so I'll probably put one up today. I'll only have my sister's spiral-binding machine with me until the move (I'm heading to Bountiful, Utah, she and her binding machine are headed to the Galveston, Texas area) so I'm getting what use out of it as I can. That said, I don't really mind losing it, because not having it will encourage me to get more familiar with coptic binding and the like, which will be great for me!

Comments (2)

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck

May 4, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Wow, sounds like you've been busy! :) I want to learn how to spin this summer! :)

CinderLisa

May 4, 2009 at 4:39 PM

I highly recommend THIS tutorial on youtube, if you're looking to teach yourself. Helped me out a ton!