One package in, one package out!

No, I haven't gotten my Twilight End Swap package yet, that anticipation gets to last a little bit longer! But I did get a fantastic Random Act of Kindness package from FeelingTangerine! She promised me some odds and ends of roving that I could practice on, but I wasn't really expecting what I got!


Do you see how puffy that envelope is? I have to admit I hugged it a couple of times. haha Full of roving, and fibery stuff, it was nice and squishy. ;)

This is what was inside, along with a little notecard explaining what the different fibers were, so that I can get a feeling for how things are.


The highlight was some 4 ounces of yellowy-orangey-browny merino, which is just lovely! She said it reminded her of fall leaves, and they do! I don't get many orange leaves here in San Diego, but that doesn't stop me from loving them. :)


So I went to joyofspinning.com, and browsed around there and watched a few videos on youtube, and... well, I'm not very good so far. haha But at least what I've got looks something vaguely like yarn!


It's not thin or even, really at all, as of yet, but I'm working on it. And I will be working on it. :) I'm enjoying it a lot, even though I'm not doing perfectly right off the bat—but that's what this is for anyhow, practice! And practice I'm up for!

In other news, my Twilight Swap package that I'm sending out is packed and ready to go, which is good, because I'm headed out of town in a couple of days. Texas, here I come! Oh, and I've frogged my Sunday Market shawl, and recast-on, with size 10's. The fabric was just working up too solid. Now it's much more open and free-looking, I love it!

I also have a little RAK to send out myself... I love the RAK community on Ravelry, because there's always something you don't need (or even want, necessarily!) that might be very good for someone else, and the good karma is payment enough in return.

Until next time, lovelies,

~Lisa

Comments (3)

Anonymous

October 26, 2008 at 9:09 PM

I enjoyed reading your blog. I might join RAK soon. I'm pretty busy w/ my new store on Etsy, but you got me intrigued.
Good luck w/ everything!
~Melody

DeeAnn

October 26, 2008 at 9:19 PM

Oh yes, that is YARN!! You go Lisa!! :) I hope you had a very nice trip and I look foward to seeing your Twilight package.

CinderLisa

October 27, 2008 at 3:13 PM

Hi Melody! I love your Etsy store, such cute things!

And thank you DeeAnn! I want to get started on some new, but I haven't taken the other off the spindle yet. haha