A hi and how are you.

Well, I'm still in Texas. I didn't end up bringing much with me, so far as yarny crafts go. All I brought was my Sunday Market Shawl in progress, which is close to being finished. I was going to bring Christmas knitting with me, but as the few things I have planned are amigurumi and have lots of colors, it just didn't play in the cards to bring so many different yarns with me.

On the one hand I'm eager to have this shawl done, because right now it's looking awful skinny, and while I know it'll open up nicely when it's done, I'm being impatient. I want to see it, now! But at the same time... I don't want to finish it. I'm enjoying working with the Ty Dy Sock yarn, and I'll be sad to be done with it.

As a pre-emptive step for when I do finish, though, I bought a skein of Caron Simply Soft Eco (made in part with recycled bottles!) in a very pretty blue from Wal-Mart the other day, and picked up a tiny pair of bamboo circulars for two dollars, as I guess they were on clearance. I don't know what I want to make with it, exactly. A hat, and maybe some fingerless gloves? Could I manage that with one skein of CSS? Ah, I still feel like a n00b sometimes.

Actually... it's a shame I got in in blue, when I could have gotten it in the perfect pink to make Rose Tyler's wristwarmers. Ah, I'm in trouble. Between Doctor Who and Harry Potter alone, there are enough fandom knits to entertain me for a lifetime, I think. (Because I'm slow).

So how is everyone else? How's life in the real world? I always feel like I'm outside of it, a bit, when I'm away from home.

Comments (2)

DeeAnn

November 16, 2008 at 6:47 PM

LOL, you aren't alone, fiber folk are EVERYWHERE ;-)

What do you love about the Caron Simply Soft? I'm a wool gal because I learned to spin before I learned to knit so I don't know much about non-animal fibers but my niece wants a shrug in light pastel's. My sister does great with the mittens - they are separate things so handwashing them isn't a problem. A garment though, yeah she'd need to be able to just wash it with the laundry so I'm always looking for suggestions.

Hope you are enjoying your Texas visit :) I was in Austin for 32 hours for an interview - but at least I can say I've been there ;-)

CinderLisa

December 3, 2008 at 9:39 AM

Agh, sorry I didn't answer you sooner, DeeAnn, travel + holiday season = epic fail at checking blog. :(

I'm actually fairly new to Caron Simply Soft, but it really is just like it says, it's the softest acrylic I've found, and comes in all kinds of pretty colors, so for wash-and-wear projects, it's a good call. =)