Wow, long time, no blog.

Believe me, I know. I've disappeared off the face of the blogosphere for a little while. And why? Well mainly because my camera broke and thus I was depressed and unable to upload photos. This shouldn't have stopped my Wednesday Wants, but it did. Actually, embarrassingly, my laptop died for a while there, too. But now I am back to being technologically functional!

I've been busy this week doing updates on my shop, since finally getting my camera back (it took ages, unfortunately) I've been able to update some of the things I'd been working on in the meantime. Here's my favorite:


This is my White on Red Button Journal. I was sorting through my buttons a while back and decided I really needed to make a journal with an assortment of white and clear buttons on the cover, and voila! I machine-stitched two pieces of bright red felt together, but then I decided to do a hand sewn running stitch all the way around the edge, just to make it really POP. The funnest by far was sewing the buttons on, though. I basically just grabbed a handful, blind, and dropped them on the cover, not fixing their positions any more than to spread them out a bit and turn them upside up. It's a little bit of a departure from my usual style, but I love, love, love it!

Check out my other new listings at the shop!

I also wanted to share with you a sneak peek at one of the two journals I'll be donating to the "I'll be Homemade for Christmas!" Auction for Support Stacie in November.


I know that looks almost like it's black, but it's really a dark navy blue, and the pages and thread used for the embroidery are the exact same color of WOW PINK. I mean, this is seriously pink stuff. Not for the faint of heart. ;)

I'll be working up one more journal for the auction, and hopefully doing some knits, too. Gotta love homemade stuff being bid on for a great cause!

Comments (0)