Wednesday Wants!

Introducing Wednesday Wants, wherein I show you some of the gorgeous things on Etsy that have caught my eye this week. Some of them have been featured on the main page treasuries, some I've found simply by hopping through shops or the favorites of shops that manage to catch my eye. :)

We'll start this week with the GORGEOUS Perla Shawl by adorkable1.



I have such a thing for open lacy crochet. I really need to take a stab at it myself. This shawl is so pretty, and just the type of thing you might actually be able to get away with out here in Southern California, where unfortunately a lot of yarny items go unused and unappreciated for most of the year. I love it.

Of course, with the right yarns you could definitely knit something appropriate for California's summer sun, hm? Take a look at WhorlingTides' luscious Lime Tart bamboo yarn:


So green! Probably my absolute favorite shade of green. I have yet had the chance to knit with bamboo, though I was able to trade for a bit of SWTC bamboo on Ravelry a couple of months ago, but I do love, love, love the look and feel of it, and I can't wait to try it out for myself.

And for something just sweet and silly (and Etsy, I'm coming to realize, is the absolute best place in the world for sweet and silly!) I ran across plushoff's shop this morning, and her little critters are just absolutely adorable. The Black and White Bed Bug Buddies in particular caught my eye, just look at them!


They're so sweet! Man, if I had a little one I'd probably snap them up in a second. I can just imagine them being cuddled by some sleepy little darling. Not that they'd have to go to kids, of course! They looks so furry and soft and friendly... man, I'd love to see them sitting on my bed, waiting for me at the end of the day!

So that's just a taste of what's been tempting me on Etsy this week. I think three is a good number, but then again, I might not be able to restrict myself... I can find a dozen things I want every time I visit the site!

In other news, I'll be working to pretty this blog up a bit in the coming week. I've had some "real" work that I've been drowning in the past couple of days, which has put plans for the blog and the shop on hold for just the tiniest bit longer, but I should be done with the office project I'm working on in just a couple more days. I'm getting so impatient! But it's the family business, and family has to come first, right? Right.

x0x0,

~CinderLisa

Comments (3)

Rebecca

July 2, 2008 at 11:29 AM

Thank you for featuring my shawl!! I love your blog, you are a great writer :) I'll be a regular reader for sure!!

Rebecca
adorkable1.etsy.com

Beth at WhorlingTides

July 2, 2008 at 5:45 PM

I'm so honored that you featured my handspun bamboo yarn on your blog on your very first day! Your blog looks beatiful. I hope you won't object to me putting a link to your blog on my blog. Plus, you are now listed as a fav blog so that I can be one of your loyal readers. (It would be my great pleasure to gift you some Lime yarn to play with. Convo your address to me on Etsy.)

Best, Beth
www.whorlingtides.etsy.com

CinderLisa

July 2, 2008 at 7:49 PM

Thanks for stopping by Rebecca, I'm happy to see you here!

And Beth... wow. WOW! Thank you! I'm delighted to accept, believe me. And you've reminded me that I need to start a links list, so I'll start it with you! :)