Shop update - and apologies!

So long since I've posted. You've probably forgotten all about me!

I'm in the middle of a move, (or the beginning of the middle, more accurately!) so I've definitely gotten behind on blogging about my multiple crafting pursuits. I'm working on another Clapotis, since I've had issues with that pattern before, (that's frogged, btw, but this one is also pink... a more dynamic pink) and Patons SWS scarf which is currently unphotographed...

But the thing that I really came in to blog about is the new journals in my shop.

This packing has been wearing me down creatively, so I took some time the other day and spent most of a whole lovely day making these journals.

Firstly, we have one I call the Spring Fling:


I love these colors! This journal is so bright and happy, all the way around. Pink and orange on the outside, yellow on the inside cover, with yellow pages sprinkled through at random intervals. There's a whopping 110 pages (220 on both sides) in here, too. I figure if someone's going to buy a handmade journal, they'll want it to last a while, right?

And the other one I'm in love with just as much!


This is my Jade Dreams journal. There's 90 pages in this one (180 on both sides) and the fabric I've used here is a lovely Asian print with splotches of gold and green. I did something a little different with the binding and added some wooden and glass beads that I just love, and there's some pink pages scattered through this one.

I've really fallen in love with hand-bound books this past little while, it combines so many of my loves - sewing, books, journal-writing, and digging through fantastic fabrics, papers and buttons! I'm looking forward to doing a lot more of this in the future!

Comments (2)

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck

April 14, 2009 at 6:21 AM

Those journals are lovely!! You did a wonderful job!! :D

CinderLisa

April 14, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Thank you, Superwoman! =)